The end of the year is when we often see "Top Ten" lists of various sorts. I wanted to take a minute and share two such lists for you.
First are my Top Ten songs of 2021. DTS has covered each of these artists. This list is both my personal view and in no particular order. DTS covered scores of shows and dozens of artists in 2021. This list in no way is a complete list of the wonderful songs, shows and performers who made our Second Lives better over the past 12 months. These are performances that struck a chord with me ("Bonfire Heart") or reminded me of pleasant memories ("Boogies Shoes" [subnote, I HIGHTLY recommend the Sports Night Episode "Dear Louise"]) or are so technically outstanding as to make you catch your breath ("Smiling" [bonus points for watching the Smule]). I do highly recommend you catch enough of the shows to hear these songs.
10. SomwhereInTime Jupiter: Jason Aldean, "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy"
9. Quartz : Supertramp, "Breakfast In America"
8. Inkaku : KC & Sunshine Band, "Boogie Shoes"
7. Evee : Kansas, "Carry On My Wayward Son"
6. Jesika Wirefly : Ingrid Michaelson, "You take me the way I am"
5. Marina Sharpshire : Heart, "Kickin It Out"
4. Star Twilighton : Alanis Morrisette, "Smiling"
3. Bubbles : Les Miz' "I Dreamed A Dream"
2. Wes West : Don McClean : "Vincent"
1. Krisie Snowdrop : James Blunt, "Bonfire Heart"
My second "Top Ten" list may be more controversial, but hey, its not like I'm getting paid (speaking of which, if I’m not getting paid, why do I get punished for missing deadlines??). For some years now, my personal These are the "Top Ten Things I Wish For Second Life."
10. I wish for more people creating things
9. I wish for venues for performers of all sorts
8. I wish for fewer rolling restarts
7. I wish my favorite performers would get together and never sing at the same time (or when I'm asleep)
6. I wish I could figure out rigged mesh with linked items
5. I wish to collaborate on at least 1 creative project
4. I wish all my friends who are looking, find, and find well
3. I wish more younger people come in SL to replace those we've lost in 2021
2. I wish more people will tip venues more L$
1. I wish more kindness in all forms in all directions
Have any feedback on either list? Hit me up In World. I'd love to have a conversation and learn what you think.
In any case, I wish you a VERY Happy New Year!!!!